Dog Treadmills Help With Dog Training
Every dog owner has their own reason for buying a treadmill, but general physical fitness and wellbeing always plays a part. If you live in an area with harsh winters, long monsoon seasons or intense heat – the treadmill can be a godsend. You and your dog can stay indoors and exercise in the comfort of your own home.
There are a wide variety of reasons to purchase a treadmill for your dog.
- high energy
- behaviour issues (including anxiety)
- continuation of physiotherapy
- post-operative recovery
- conditioning after a long illness or fracture repair
- conditioning working dogs or dogs that compete in competitions
- low-impact exercise for:
- dogs with arthritis
- geriatric dogs
- dogs with neurological diseases
Did you know…
Dog treadmills have been used to exercise dogs as early as the beginning of the 20th century? There are even some of the old studies, like this one from 1954 by Kouwenhoven et al. that analysed the benefits of the best dog treadmill.